you don’t need an ice cream maker to pull this off
• about 5 cups of fresh raspberries
• 1 cup water
• 1½ cups sugar
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1-2 Tbl. of fresh lemon juice
1. Add water and raspberries to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. Place a fine mesh strainer over a large bowl. Add pureed raspberries 1/4 at a time and press with back of a large spoon or rubber spatula through strainer to remove the seeds. Repeat with remaining raspberry puree. Discard anything left in the strainer.
3. Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice to raspberry juice in the bowl. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
4. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions OR serve immediately for a soft-serve dessert OR transfer to a shallow container and freeze an additional 1-2 hours for a more firm sorbet.